Westpac Stadium , also known as Wellington Regional Stadium, is the major sporting venue in the New Zealand capital. The Stadium sits at the north end of the CBD and overlooks Wellington Harbour. Colloquially known as The Cake Tin, Westpac Stadium hosts rugby union games during the winter and cricket during the summer as well as the occassional NRL and AFL match.
The major teams using Westpac Stadium include:
- Wellington Hurricanes - Super 15 Rugby Union
- Wellington Lions - ITM Cup
- Wellington Phoenix - A-League Soccer
- Wellington Firebirds - NZ Cricket
- St Kilda AFL Team - annual ANZAC Day match
With the stadium close to the CBD there are plenty of options from cheap last minute hotels through to 5-Star. Let Quickbeds help you find hotels and accommodation near Westpac Stadium.
Also browse last minute hotels and accommodation in other NZ cities...