Alto Hotel is centrally located on Bourke Street, opposite a Tram Stop and just a short 1-4 minutes walk to: • Airport shuttle terminal for Melbourne (Skybus) and Avalon airports
• Southern Cross Station for metro, regional & interstate trains •Tram stop for routes 75, 86 & 96. Destinations include MCG, ST Kilda, Brunswick, Docklands and Fitzroy
• Docklands •Etihad Stadium • Spencer Fashion Station Shopping 100+stores [factory outlets] • Restaurants, bars & pubs •Stock exchange & business district
Pleasant walk 5-10 minutes to; • Crown Casino & Conference Centre • DFO South Wharf-
• Convention & Exhibition Centre (MCEC) • Aquarium • Bourke Street Mall, GPO, Myer + David Jones •Hardware Lane for cafes and bars •Queen Victoria Market
Infants aged 0 to 2 and children 3 to 17Children
14:00 - 10:00Check-in / check-out
Open 24 hoursReception hours
Limited secure car parking is available nearby at $16 per night & must be reserved at the time of booking, please note in comments area if parking is required. (Temporary parking at our door, 5 minute “P Zone”)
Complimentary parking for guests arriving in a hybrid or electric vehicle. Free recharge for electric vehicles use 100% green wind energy.
Offering free WiFi. Winner of the 2010 Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism and 2010 Conde Nast Traveller World Savers – Environment. Finalist 2009 Deluxe Accommodation – Victorian Tourism Awards.
Located in Melbourne’s CBD within a 2-minute walk of the airport shuttle terminal, Spencer Street shopping, 2 tram stops and train station. Easy walk to Convention & Exhibition Centre, Casino, Etihad Stadium, Docklands, Bourke Street Mall, Aquarium, shops and restaurants.
Our rooms and apartments cater for individual travellers through to small groups and families with Hotel, Studio, One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments being available.
Alto Hotel on Bourke is Melbourne’s multi award winning 4 star eco-friendly boutique apartment hotel. We are the first Carbon Neutral, Green Star and EarthCheck accredited hotel in the city.
Recent Awards Include;
• Winner 2010 Conde Nast Traveler World Savers - Environment
• Winner 2010 & 2009, Finalist 2008 Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism – Victorian Tourism Awards
• Finalist 2009 & Merit 2008 Deluxe Accommodation (4-4.5 stars) – Victorian Tourism Awards
• Winner 2009, 2008 & 2007 Best Serviced Accommodation - HMAA Awards for Excellence
• Winner 2009, 2008 Sustainable Tourism - HMAA Awards for Excellence, special commendation 2007
• Finalist 2009 & 2008 Premier's Sustainability Awards
We are accredited by;
• 4 star hotel – AAA Tourism
• Carbon neutral – Carbon reduction Institute
• EarthCheck – Sliver Certified
• Environmentally friendly - AAA Tourism
• Waste wise hotel – Sustainability Victoria
• Australian Tourism Accreditation Program – Accredited
• Grow me the money, Platinum - VECCI
• Savings in the city - Melbourne City Council
The décor is stylish, modern and elegant, all bathrooms and kitchens are set out in granite and stainless steel, and the bedrooms and lounge rooms are decorated in rich, colours set on a soothing background.
The entire hotel has wireless broadband (iPad & iPhone capable), our rooms have both wireless and cable broadband and have 2 telephones with voicemail. All rooms have LCD TV’s, iPhone dock, the 1 & 2 bedroom apartments also have a DVD and a second LCD TV in the main bedroom.
While Alto is a non-smoking hotel smokers are still catered for with a separate smoking lounge with comfortable seating that is semi enclosed and undercover for your convenience.
Enjoy Melbourne's most exciting attractions all on your doorstep when you stay at Alto Hotel. Get out and about and explore! Shopping, Sports events, Musicals, Theatre, Concerts, Exhibitions, Food & Wine, Art Galleries, Casino and more.
Attractions, restaurants, shopping & sports venues within easy walk from our front door include:
• Etihad Stadium and Docklands
• Southern Cross Station
• Direct Factory Outlets (DFO)
• Melbourne Stock Exchange
• 100s of shops, cafes and restaurants and clubs
• Lanes, arcades & hidden secrets
A pleasant walk from Alto Hotel:
• Crown Casino
• Bourke Street Mall (Myer and David Jones)
• Queen Victoria Market
• Melbourne Aquarium
• Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
• Public transport
• Taxi rank - 30 metres
• Tram stop - 10 metres
• Suburban train station - 100 metres
• City Circle Tram (free city transport) - 300 metres
• Eureka Tower
Offering a high standard of accommodation is just the beginning, we know you have to work efficiently. As well as the following facilities each room has a working desk with iPod dock to listen to your favourite playlist while connected to the internet via cable or working wirelessly throughout the hotel.
• Wireless & cable broadband internet
• IPod Dock
• Computer / internet station
• In-dial direct call phone line
• Daily newspaper (on request)
• Printing services
• Flight web che
Deposit Types Accepted by this hotel and details of deposit
We accept Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Diners, and Cash.