We offer a FREE shuttle bus to and from the airport, bus terminal, train station and city centre during the hours of 07:00am and 22:00pm. If you are arriving outside of these hours, please contact us so we can provide instructions.
Children are not allowed at this propertyChildren
12:00 - 10:00Check-in / check-out
Open 24 hoursReception hours
FREE on-street parkingCar parking
It’s a tropical paradise mon! Come soak up the chilled global vibe at Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort, Cairns’ coolest crashpad. Any more relaxed we’d be horizontal!
Swaying palms, smooth tunes and swinging hammocks, that’s the Calypso way. Chill poolside with new friends in the Queensland sunshine by day then check out free nightly entertainment at Zanzibar Bar & Grill, our friendly hostel pub.
When the taste buds bite, enjoy a pool-side breakfast or Aussie BBQ dinner at Zanzibar, or whip up your own masterpiece in our great communal kitchen.
The Calypso crew are here for you and we know our stuff. Between us all there’s over 65 years of hostel and travel know-how so you’re in expert hands from the moment you arrive. We go the extra mile to make you smile, with a free tour booking service, free return transfers to the airport, bus station and central Cairns and WiFi now available in all rooms.
Rest up in our range of rooms from dorms to private doubles and twins. Rooms are serviced daily and fresh linen is free for your stay.
Come catch some Calypso chill vibe when you pass through Cairns!
FREE nightly entertainment:
• Monday – Pool Competition (WIN a Bungy Jump)
• Tuesday – Acoustic Tuesdays with James Braithwaite and open mic
• Wednesday – Jenga Competition (WIN a Fitzroy Island trip)
• Thursday – Team Trivia (WIN “Zanzibucks” worth $75)
• Friday – Funky Friday (changes weekly)
• Saturday – Minute To Win It (WIN a 2 for 1 trip to the Great Barrier Reef)
• Sunday – Slithering Sunday’s live snake and reptile show
Drag yourself away from the Calypso chill for a while to explore all that this amazing part of Australia has to offer - explore the world’s oldest rainforest, snorkel the famous Great Barrier Reef or take a bungy jump over cascading waterways. The nature is truly like no other.
Calypso offers you a free expert booking service on local activities and tours. In fact, we can have all of your tours and activities pre-booked, so that all you’ll have to do on arrival is relax by our palm-fringed pool resting up ready for your adventures.
If you would like to reserve your spot on the ultimate in local adventures, simply email us on the contact found on your booking confirmation advising us on your tour or activity preferences.
Stay at Calypso and get all this too:
• Free return airport, bus and city transfers
• Free nightly entertainment
• Free fresh white linen
• Free safe and store room
• Rooms cleaned daily
• Great staff with 65 years combined experience
• Licensed Zanzibar Bar & Grill
• Tour and travel desk
• Communal kitchens and laundry
• Great communal areas including lush palm-edged pool
• WiFi now available in all rooms
• Continental breakfast $2.50 (daily)
• Aussie BBQ dinner $7 (Tues, Fri, Sat)
Deposit Types Accepted by this hotel and details of deposit
We accept Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, and Cash.