BY CAR: Turn off the Great Western Highway to Katoomba and follow the Brown and White Tourism Signs towards ECHO POINT Lookout. We are situated on the corner of LURLINE Street and BIRDWOOD Ave both of which are on the way to Echo Point and the Three Sisters.
BY TRAIN. Exit the railway on the south side which brings you to the top of Katoomba Street (City Centre). Keep walking down Katoomba Street until you come to a brown and white tourist sign pointing to Echo Point, turn in that direction and travel towards the lookout and you will pass the motel on the left hand side of the road.
BY TAXI Leave the railway station on the southern side and walk up the street to the taxi stand.
Make sure that you give the correct name of the motel being Three Explorers and the correct address of 197 Lurline St. on corner of Birdwood Ave.
Infants aged 0 to 1 and children 2 to 13Children
14:00 - 10:00Check-in / check-out
8.30 am to 8.30 pm 7 Days
An ETA is appreciated when booking, as we can have your room warm and cosReception hours
The 3 Explorers Motel has off-street parking close to your unit. Please park face in to parking spaces as this prevents exhaust entering your luxurious room. We are happy to have guests, who have checked-out, leave their cars parked at our property while they spend the rest of the day bushwalking or site seeing. Avoid those parking tickets!Car parking
The Three Explorers Motel is situated in the Heart of the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains, with: 12, 4 * rooms plus 2 large two room spa suites offering caring and personalised service located on 197 Lurline St. Katoomba, just five minutes walk from Echo point and the picturesque Three Sisters. Now providing Spa suites with 40? digital HD LCD TV and a full size corner spa in your own private on-suite bathroom. The 12 superior rooms have quality spacious family accommodation featuring modern furniture and d?cor, triple sheeting with queen size beds, single beds, electric blankets, 32? HD LCD digital TV, hair dryer, iron, digital alarm clock radio, fridge, microwave, tea/coffee making facilities, with on-site parking, including very quiet individual split system air conditioning.
Room service is available for breakfast. Explore the Blue Mountains in the day while relaxing into a full size corner spa in the evening!
* Bushwalking: For the novice to the experienced, from 1/2 hour to an hour cliff top walks to 6 hour return valley walks. Katoomba is central to towns and villages which have many walking trails eg, Valley of the Waters at Wentworth Falls or the Grand Canyon at Blackheath. Govetts Leap a must see for incredible views of the surrounding Grose Valley and cliff faces.
:Use the Explorer Bus or Trolley Tours, both of which travel between Katoomba and Leura stopping at all the major attractions. Tours available from either company to visit Jenolan Caves.
* Bird Watching; Flocks of white Cockatoos fly over head,rosellas sit in the surrounding trees eating the blossoms or the fruit. Black Cockatoos are more rare but still they can be seen on some days. These are just a few of the birds which can be seen from the motel location.
:Visit the Blue Mountains Chocolate Gallery situated (dangerously close for chocoholics) just across the road from our Lurline Street entrance. View the making of chocolates or have a hot chocolate to warm you on our misty mornings which we have periodically throughout the year.
* Mountain Biking: There are plenty of hills to climb on the tarred road but real off road Mountain Biking can be found in several locations through out the mountains depending on how far you want to travel.
* See the views from the many lookouts in and around Katoomba, Leura, Wentworth Falls and Blackheath to name only on a few.
* Scenic World: where you can ride the Skyway across the valley, or the Scenic Railway which transports you into the rainforest down into the heart of the valley.
* Art and Sculpture galleries
* Visit the varied cafes and restaurants which have different types of Cuisines eg. Thai,French, Greek, Swiss to name just a few.
Deposit Types Accepted by this hotel and details of deposit
We accept Visa, AMEX, and Mastercard.